Home Page

Information

Calendar

Classes

Sport

Music

Events

Eco School

Forest School

Parent Zone




 

PTA Minutes

Minutes of PTA Meeting – 9th January 2017

Present: Claire Brocklehurst, Andrea Drummond, Mike Findlay, Flora Grigor-Taylor, Ann Mathers, Coralie Robertson and Jennifer Hunter.

1. Apologies: Sarah Russell, Steve & Jo Clark, Sasha McMillan.

2. Minutes of last meeting – Approved

3. Minutes of last meeting – Matters Arising:

• Lottery funding – completed.
• Social Media Policy - copy of a policy on the use of social media was emailed and is ready for discussion and edit to suit our needs. There was discussion on the use of photographs on the facebook parent page and that permissions should be requested from parents, possibly the children too. Flora will draft the policy and purpose of page, then pass to PTA / Parent Council for further discussion.
Action: FG-T by next meeting
• Charity status – CR explained the advantages and disadvantages of being registered as a charity.
Advantages: gross interest on bank accounts, receiving money via gift aid and the biggest advantage is matched funding.
Disadvantages: trustees, registration of trustees, responsibilities, annual returns to the Scottish Charity Regulator OSCR, publically accountable, increased amount of admin.
Decision – leave as is for now, but keep it in mind for future, especially if there were any larger fundraising projects.
• Ed arranging a meeting with Active Schools Co-ordinator to discuss purchase of pop-up goals for football goals. Action: EB / CB update by next meeting
• AD offered to ask for signed goods from AFC (signed 1st team strip) which could be used for raffle and fundraising at May tournament. Action: AD by next meeting

4. Treasurer’s Report:
See Attached report. Current Balance = £2080.11
4 x Forest School sessions have been booked from Jan – July.

5. Donation received from Royale Etape:
£ 100 received. Flora will re-apply when time comes and we will try and get some volunteers to help.

6. Review of Catchlites photography session:
It was a successful day, raising £161.10. Thanks to Ann Mathers for organising and running the event. Everyone who booked a sitting, bought photographs, of which the PTA receive a commission. The majority of families were from outside the school or extended families of the school. There were a lot of other photo sessions around the same time, so if doing this event again, should maybe consider a different date, probably before the October holiday. Need to book Catchlites well in advance. It can be difficult to identify the families from the photographs so it was a good idea to take notes during the sessions to help identify the families.

7. Sponsorship of football /netball strips:
No suggestions of businesses to approach to ask for sponsorship. It would cost approx. £250-300 to replace the junior football strip, most of which are very large for the P1-P4’s. The senior football strip requires a few pairs of replacement shorts and the netball kit is old and requires replacement.
Ideas to raise funds for this –
• Disco fundraiser by Ed B & Steve B
• Bag packing at Tesco Westhill Action: FG-T by end January
• Galaxy Fund, who give away £300 per week until end of Feb. Action: CR by end January
A fundraising school photo with logo will be created to be used in applications. Action: AD by end January
As it takes approx. 3 weeks from order to receiving new football strips, it was agreed that new strips shall be ordered now in time for the tournament season starting in May.
Action: Football strips - CB by next meeting
Action: Netball strips - AM by next meeting

8. Easter Duck race – Sunday 23rd April 2017:
AD to ask Alford Rotary for use of their ducks. Action: AD by end January
Sheets of 20 ducks to be created and sent out after the February mid-term break. Mike will led out generator, heater, tables & chairs for approx. 30 people and a marquee which could be put up in advance.
Catering – PTA will provide teas, coffees, soup and homebakes. Ann will ask her friend about sandwiches and ask Costco. Action: AM by next meeting
Suggested 11am start.
Flora to borrow kit for the water.
Facebook event page shall be set up to advertise. Action: CB by next meeting
Request to go to parents for helpers and homebakes / soup.
School children will organise and run games after the duck race.
School banner will be created. AD to send information to MF. Action: MF by next meeting

9. Additional events for 2017:
Disco possibly in June (end of term) Action: CB by next meeting
Ceilidh possibly Saturday 25th November or Saturday 2nd December Action: FG-T by next meeting

10. AOB:
Craigievar School Netball & Football tournament date will be May 13th.
A Science week is being held between Craigievar, Logie Coldstone and Tarland schools during the second week of March. The school will be open for one day, Saturday 11th March, approx.. 10am-4pm. The PTA agreed to run a coffee shop to fundraise, with crisps, juice, tuck shop items, tea, coffee, biscuits etc.
Request to Deans for shortbread for this event. Action: JH by end January

11. Date of next meeting:
Monday 13th March 6.45pm. All parents/carers are welcome.

 



Craigievar Primary School, Craigievar, Alford, AB33 8JE
Tel: 019755 81204, e-mail: craigievar.sch@aberdeenshire.gov.uk

Site designed, created and updated by: MacNichol Web Design

follow us on facebook